Jul 21, 2017
Dr. Susan O'Malley is pretty awesome. With her thick New York
accent, this lifelong underachiever, secretary with no more than a
high school diploma, set out at age 30 to become a physician.
She did it.
In this interview, I interview this amazing, charming woman who
did not let her age, marital or family status or the zillions of
naysayers hold her back from her mid-life dream of medicine.
Dr. Susan O'Malley shares about:
- How she got over her low-self image to preserver
through rejection from every medical school in the country,
and eventual acceptance and matriculation at 35
- Romantic disappointments
- Powering through one of the most rigorous academic paths as a
single mom of a newborn to become an emergency room physician.
- Her eventual move to cosmetic medicine and entrepreneurship
with the opening of Sonas Med
Spa in Connecticut
- The power of physical beauty
- Dating as a single mother
- What she does with her money
- Her daily schedule while in medical school while raising her
Listen to her gush about the 15-year romance with her
husband (hear what she said when I asked how the sex was after all
those years, and now in her 60s).
Dr. Susan O'Malley is the author of
Tough Cookies Don't Crumble: Turn Set-Backs into Success, on
Loving this podcast? Follow on RSS or iTunes.
Leave a review, me love you long time. Muah!
Are you part of the new Facebook group, Millionaire Single Moms? No income requirement,
though BIG GOALS and a POSITIVE MINDSET required! Join now!