Jun 7, 2016
Other ways to listen:
iTunes ♦ Stitcher
(and coming soon … GooglePlay!)
This is such an awesome interview for so many reasons. Kimberly
Palmer, former senior money editor for U.S. News, married mom of
two, and all-around smart girl, wrote a book that is so obvious in
its scope and mission it seems impossible it does not already
Smart Mom, Rich Mom: How to Build Wealth While Raising
That's right: a personal finance book for moms. Insane? Hardly.
But what delightfully thrilled me is some hard-lined rules Palmer
lays out for mothers, as well as her patent assumption that moms
need to be taking care of business by themselves — and not naively
assume there is a man in the picture. Some highlights from the
- Stop focusing on couponing, and start focusing on EARNING
- Never ignore your earning power. DO NOT STEP OFF THE CAREER
- Stay-at-home motherhood is a fantastical fantasy, so get over
- The higher-earning spouse's time is not more valuable than the
less-earning spouse's time.
- How to talk to your kids so they understand that you
Loving this podcast? Follow on RSS, Stitcher,
Leave a review, me love you long time. Muah!
Are you part of the new Facebook group, Millionaire Single Moms? No income requirement, though
BIG GOALS and a POSITIVE MINDSET required! Join now!