Dec 12, 2016
Jean Chatzky is a personal financial journalist, bestselling
author of eight books and financial editor for NBC's Today Show.
Here we talk about"
- Focus on earning vs. skimping - especially for women. "Your
financial life doesn't work how much you save, if you're not
bringing in money."
- "I enjoy earning money, it makes me feel safe, confident and
- Why she wished her latest book was entitled "Don't Bitch,
- Her new book, Age Proof about living until
100 without going broke.
- The incredible toxic power of financial stress, your physical,
- Why you don't have to be wealthy, but a regular, consistent
saver to build a healthy lifestyle and secure future.
- Women really have much higher stakes when it comes to money: we
earn less, live longer, are more likely to be responsible for
raising children and caring for older relatives.
- It doesn't need to take a ton of time to manage your finances
in a powerful way.
- The prevalence of women choosing to not be involved in family
finances, having no idea about where the money is, what accounts
are open, which are in their name, their spouse's income.
- The big fallout of not being financially astute for married
women. "You need to be able to go out and buy a cup of coffee or
shoes without asking permission. That is the way adult people
function in the world."
- Jean's top 3 tips for financial independence.
Check out Jean Chatzky's podcast Her Money
Or her books on Amazon